- To err is human; to admit it, superhuman. January 19, 2018
- Echo Chambers :The Importance of Being Wrong January 14, 2018
- Echo Chambers REALLY? January 11, 2018
- Echo Chambers January 8, 2018
- Spiritual Milestone – Love, Mercy, Forgiveness (a repost) December 30, 2017
- Spiritual Milestones – 2 (a repost) December 30, 2017
- Spiritual Milestones (a repost) December 30, 2017
- Re-commitment December 30, 2017
- When things fall apart – Richard Rohr December 29, 2017
- The Proliferation of Bullshit (via Brene Brown) November 10, 2017
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Our stay in Florida is nearing its close. During our visit I saw a couple of bumper stickers that I thought worthy of sharing. I thought this was pretty funny: Until I saw the guy who was driving the vehicle:
Just received an email announcing the following: Congratulations to our 6th Grade Team on the 5th/6th Grade Winter 2010 Knowledge Master Open (KMO)! WJMS came in First Place in Kentucky and 12th in the overall competition! Five teams competed in Kentucky … Continue reading
Today our friendly alligator was enjoying lunch on the bank next to our condo.
You can see all sorts of sights on Florida beaches. Today I encountered what I am calling the Beach Geek. This guy had it all together. Frankly, I was envious.
The enormity of the pain and suffering in Haiti is beyond comprehension for someone whose most pressing concern for the past week has been the discomfort of Florida’s unseasonably cold weather.
Compassionate Heart – definition: A person who is standing in snow with the temperature at 12 degrees who feels compassion for those who are in Florida standing in the rain with the temperature at 35 degrees.
This morning’s readings from The Reason for God and Pilgrim Heart yielded several quotes which I found to be particularly worthy of some further consideration: If I am a grass field – all the cutting will keep the grass less … Continue reading
This morning we awoke to a heavy frost on the grass. The temperatures continued to linger 15-20 degrees below normal. I suspect there will be a lot of damage to landscape plants and flowers. The upside is that it is … Continue reading
From Pilgrim Heart: … Lewis Smedes observes: “We do not have to be bad persons to do bad things. If only bad people did bad things to other people we would live in a pretty good world. We hurt people … Continue reading